SpeechGuard concept was developed in 2003 under a DARPA grant (Defense Advanced Research Project Agency
within DOD SBIR program) primarily for military use. DARPA’s stated objective was "to build a noise-resistant,
robust, portable, low cost, scalable, voice-enabled, speech recognition based, and multi-lingual translation device…
with enhanced ASR (Advanced Speech Recognition) capabilities and ergonomic design usable for military purposes
as well as adaptable for wide commercial distribution."
In keeping with DARPA objectives, SpeechGuard has certain unique features necessary to withstand the demands
of heavy usage and harsh environments in mission-critical and life-threatening situations:
- Ergonomic design and convenient controls;
- Special configuration for low-cost mass production;
- Extra robustness, portability and scalability for flexible field use;
- Military-grade ease-of-learning and ease-of-use;
- Large, high-resolution touch screen with advanced GUI (Graphical User Interface);
- High-performance speaker;
- Special noise-reduction features;
- State-of-the-Art user-independent Speech Recognition with advanced acoustic and linguistic fine-tuning capabilities;
- Flexible user-customization features.
||Sharp ARM922T Core @ 200MHz (LH7A404) |
||4MB. 2 pcs of 2M bytes Flash |
||64M bytes Samsung SDRAM |
||TFT LCD module (3.5 inches).|
320 x 240 pixels
||a. Digital control
b. Internal VR for contrast fine-tune. |
||Bright LED. Come with TFT module. |
Impedance: 8 ohm
Power: 2.0W |
||Digital control (through AD1885 audio codec). |
By software control.
||YatTsun NF-D27L51 |
Level control by software.
||VT1612A or AD1885 (AC97) CODEC |
||2.5mm 4 pin jack with wiring: |
1 - HP_Out_L
2 - HP_Out_R
3 - Mic2
4 - GND
||By software control |
||1. Li-Polymer rechargeable battery (3.7V, 1450mAh).|
2. DC power 5V by switching AC adapter 2000mA 110-220V over USB slot
3. DC power input detection, battery level detection.
4. The battery is replaceable.
||Red and Blue |
||No. Charging over USB slot & special AC adapter.
|MMC and SD slot
||Can support 16M bytes to 4G bytes |
||MiniUSB slot. Slave mode. Master slave available
in June 2007. |
On/Off key. |
||Metal upper case, polished ABS plastic lower